EQUIPPING & ENGAGING YOU IN 40 DAYS OF PRAYER.
“DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GROW”
HERE IS THE MATERIAL NECESSARY FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.
1. This week’s video is called: Do you really want to grow up?
2. Download this copy of Week 1 – Sermon Guide with blanks for you to fill in.
3. Download this copy of Week 1 – Sermon Guide with blanks filled in.
4. Download this copy of Week 1 – Sermon Transcript
5. Download this copy of Week 1 – Small Group Guide
6. Daily thoughts – starting Saturday 10 February the daily thoughts will be available in weekly increments. However, you can find them daily on the MCF FACEBOOK PAGE.
We will host a weekly discussion forum. This will take place on Monday evenings starting 19 February at 20:00 Atlantic time and will run for 1 hour. During this time, we will look at a couple of items in the week’s study and talk about them. Those wishing to join can advise us by contacting the MCF office and indicating you wish to join in the Zoom discussion. An email with further instruction will be sent to you.
It seems unimaginable that the all-powerful One who spoke the universe into existence wants to communicate with us. The one who own the stars in the sky, the fish in the sea, and the breaths that give us life, wants to spend time with us hearing about our desires, troubles and joys. It is not science fiction or some unbelievable tale, but a gift spoken by the Risen Saviour to His disciples when asked to be shown how to talk with God. Join us and grow closer to yourself and to God.
DAILY REFLECTIONS – WEEK 1
Find a quiet place where you know you will be uninterrupted.
Have your bible and journal ready.
Read the suggested verse several times.
Consider reading the verse using different versions of the bible.
Contemplate the questions being asked and then record or verbalize your response.
NOTE: the same questions are asked each day.
DAY 1 – John 15:5-7
DAY 2 – John 15:15-16
DAY 3 – Philippians 4:6-7
DAY 4 – John 16:23-24
DAY 5 – Psalm 37:4
DAY 6 – John 14:12
DAY 7 – John 14:13-14