- Pray that the soldiers’ turning to the Lord will NOT fade once our soldiers return to their safe and comfortable world at home.
- Pray for this particular rotation which is being touched by God, to be like John the Baptist within the military. With this we mean that they will “prepare the way for the Lord”, that they will move in the power of true faith in Christ.
- Pray that our chaplains will be able to use this opportunity to bring our soldiers to make a choice for salvation.
- Pray that they will bring this faith home as the seeds for true revival in the Canadian Forces.
- Pray that our soldiers will be able to use this newfound faith as a basis upon which to re-establish their marriages, and their families.
- Pray for Padres Short (Team leader), Persaud, Brown, Larsen and Gaulin as they prepare to deploy with the next rotation of soldiers into Afghanistan.
- Pray for prayer groups to start on each base, for the chosen people to have a vision from God, for their stepping out.
- We receive many requests of mothers asking for prayer for their sons and daughters preparing for deployment or deployed. Lift them up in prayer!
- Pray for the spread of the Gospel in Afghanistan.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
We are fortunate as a nation that our government allows our Armed Forces access to Chaplains. There appears to be no public outcry concerning their presence and role and so we can thank God that His name can still be spoken in garrisons, aboard ships, in squadrons and on the battle fields. Despite this so-called endorsement, their role is not easy. They are called first as servants of the almighty and then as servants to the men, women and families of our forces. They wear the uniform of our country as well as the armour of God and are placed in danger from the physical enemies that plagues our planet as well as the invisible ones that seek to destroy all they do for God. They need our encouragement.
Faith Today – KingdomMatters – Interview with the president Gerry Potter. read more .